Powder coating is the process of coating a surface in which a powder material is applied using an electrostatic or compressed air method. It is also one of the most advanced techniques for applying a protective and decorative finish to almost any type of metal.
The process of powder coating basically involves spraying an electrostatically charged powder on the surface that needs to be coated. The charged powder particles adhere to the surface, forming a smooth, durable and uniform coating, with a high quality finish.
Many businesses, industries and consumers around the world speak highly of the process which provides one of the most long-lasting, colour durable, economical and high quality finishes. No matter which colour or texture you are looking for, powder coating can provide the right solution.
Here are six benefits of powder coating
- The process emits zero or near zero volatile organic compounds.
- Much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings can be produced, without running or sagging.
- Powder coating overspray can be recycled. It is therefore possible to achieve nearly 100% use of the coating.
- The powder coating production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings.
- Capital equipment and operating costs for a powder line are generally less than for conventional liquid lines.
- Items that have been powder coated generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces.
If you are looking for a reliable and efficient powder coating service, who not contact PRV Engineering ?
We will provide you with all the necessary information on powder coating and will provide a free quotation too.
Simon Jones, managing director of PRV Engineering said; “As one of the leading engineering services, PRV Engineering can provide you with high quality powder coating services that meet all your requirements. In addition to the application techniques, we have also employed the means to test the finishes for depth and strength.”
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.